Today I tried something a little different. With my latest rotoscope, Flying, I decided to superimposed over shot footage I had stored in my laptop. I think I had a great result with this. Flying was me trying out the shading technique, which was easily the quickest of the methods i’ve tried, but wasn’t quote aesthetically pleasing. It was hard at time to ascertain what the moving image was, and adding in the background of the ocean added quality to the rotoscope.
I want to try using shading one more time because I believe it can be better than my first version. The trick will be finding what footage will translate best into a monotone rotoscope like this one.